Matt is a graduate of Central High School, Grand Canyon University, and the University of Arizona College of Medicine. He is board certified in Family Medicine and fellowship trained with added board specialty qualifications in Sports Medicine. Matt is known for his friendly demeanor and ability to make people feel at ease when they are in pain or distress.
He has served as team physician for many local Valley sports teams and currently works with Arizona Christian University, Brophy College Prep, and Sunnyslope High School. Over his more than 18 years working in sports medicine, Matt has also worked closely with Arizona State University, the Chicago White Sox, Corona del Sol High School, Hamilton High School, Ottawa University, and more. In addition to serving President of Medical Operations for AlphaMeD, Matt also acts as physician medical director for Campus Health at Grand Canyon University.
Matt enjoys watching sports, playing sports, and coaching sports in his free time. He, his wife, and his four children spend much of their time together playing sports, hiking, and traveling. Matt is thrilled to be offering AlphaMeD’s supreme service to the community he has grown up in and continues to be entrenched in.
- Local graduate of Central High School
- Undergraduate course work at Grand Canyon University
- Medical school course work at University of Arizona College of Medicine
- Family Medicine residency training at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center
- Sports Medicine fellowship training at Arizona State University
- Current high school team physician at Brophy College Prep and Sunnyslope High School, in addition to providing team physician services in the past for various schools including Corona del Sol High school and Hamilton High School
- Current head team physician for Arizona Christian University, in addition to providing team physicians services in the past at Arizona State University and Ottawa University
- Board certified in Family Medicine (active since 2008) and Sports Medicine (active since 2009)
- Physician director of Campus Health at Grand Canyon University
- Medical director of Young Life’s Lost Canyon camp in Williams, AZ
- Urgent care medical director and director sports medicine services for more than 10 years
- Licensed in ten states providing telemedicine services
“With young kids at home its been such a relieve to have a go-to spot that we can rely on and trust for quick care”
“Thank you AlphaMeD! My experience was fast and easy.”
“Friendly, fast, and convenient! We have taken the whole family in now. ”
“It has been such a game changer to have something so quick and convenient for routine checkups and care”
“My kids originally made me an appointment with AlphaMeD and I have since been back twice. It feels like family.”